Tuesday 19 December 2006

I see a long journey ahead

So I've found out why my parents cancelled the relative-visiting trip to Bangladesh. Well, so it’s not about cancelling it actually, it’s just all changed. We had a big sit-down-and-talk, all four of us, and guess what? They seriously think I should go to Bangladesh to 'finish my education'. And like soon - February or March.

This means: living with relatives in Sylhet, sent to a Muslim school, working for one of the family businesses in my spare time, and totally set up as a possible husband. My parents may have had the guts to get themselves to England, but they're pretty traditional and totally proud of their heritage - and the relatives back 'home' (yeah, but not my home) are like SERIOUSLY religious and will totally not get where I'm coming from. I bet they put mum and dad up to this. Plus Sylhet... well, it's not exactly Leicester Square on a Saturday night, you know what I mean?

So I’m like kicking up big time, all about why they came to the UK in the first place if all they want to do is send their kids back, but they’ve totally decided. And I'm gutted - serious. I'm English! Yeah, I want to travel and see the world, for sure, but this is just so weird. It sucks.

Merry freakin Christmas, Ahmed.

Still, if they do pack me off, at least I won't have to keep supporting England in the cricket.
WHAT HAPPENED to Freddie Flintoff's captaincy?