Thursday 21 December 2006

Tareq. Again.

Ok so latest word on Tareq is: still behaving like a freak. He's been totally avoiding me for the last few days like I was a dead fish or something - yeah, like old dead fish - but I finally trapped him yesterday cos I had to give him the lowdown on the whole Bangladesh thing (and chat about the cricket) and we went over to Cafe Marco for a school's-out-for-Christmas latte.

He wasn’t really giving up any info on his movements, but his hands were all scraped and scabby - he said he'd been in a fight. Well, yeah, he so had - on the Eastburgh Estate last weekend. He was all about how as soon as things kicked off up there he was right there and seriously got into it with some of the crew from the estate. He legged it as soon as the police showed up. If you know Tareq, that's so not like him. He's a big guy but he doesn't get into fights.

He said he's still seeing AGENT X too. That was a shocker. They're both totally pretending to their parents that they've broken up, but the relationship is still full-on. Anyway, he seems more zen now - totally got his fu back and stuff, but that thing about the Estate frightens me. Still, I've got my own problems to worry about.

And Tareq's uncle's new shop is opening on Saturday. They've had a few delays but there'll be a big party. So if you're in the area - it's "Food Etc." on Manor Street, mention my name and you'll get all the exotic fruit juice you can drink and 2 for 1 on boxes of chocolates. See you there!