Friday 12 January 2007

Changing of direction

So now I know why Tareq's been keeping it lowkey for most of this year. I was coming out of Friday prayers earlier and in with the usual gang of teenagers giving out leaflets I saw Tareq. He gave me one of his leaflets - something about a call to action and the Americans bombing Muslims in Somalia - and was all about how I should come to it. He was totally off though, like angry, but kind of proud-angry. Hard to describe. I asked him how he was and if he'd heard from Agent X but he totally dissed me.

I asked some mates about the crew he was hanging with, and they reckon they're guys who were involved in Al-Muhajiroun until it was disbanded - they reckon they may be part of the Saviour Sect now. So like how’s Tareq got himself mixed up with these radicals? That's so not like him. He was always totally chilled, pulling stunts and stuff. I know this thing with Agent X and falling out with his family has really done his head in, but I dunno about this. I just want to talk to him about it, but I know he wouldn't answer or call me back.

It's big time scary to see a mate behaving so weird, and it's seriously sad too.

About the only thing I know for sure is I won't be going to that meeting.