Wednesday 31 January 2007

Maybe something good, maybe something bad

Sorry for the delay in posting any new entries, but it was a well weird weekend.

Starting with Friday evening. I was working at Food Etc and these girls came in. They were taking pictures of stuff with a mobile, not just like stuff on shelves but the walls, the tills and everything. I didn't really pay a lot of attention – cos like, y’know, Friday evening, you get a lot of freaks - but you'll find out why it’s worth a mention.

Saturday, Agent X got me sitting down with Tareq and having it out about stuff, see if we can link up again - be friends and all that. So like the short, no-psychobabble answer is: yes, but it took six hours, mega-loads of coffee and a whole cake. And really I still totally don’t understand why he's gone with some of the decisions he has made in the last month, and like I disagree quite hard with a couple of them, I do totally respect that they're his decisions and his view’s not my view, and - whoah, getting a bit psycho-talky there. But he's still totally Tareq, my best mate, and that's what matters. And we finished the day with some major Gears of War action - wicked.

Sunday, late, I get a call. The Food Etc where I work has been done over.. No one knows who did it, and like the police are all over it so I can't say too much, but there were six or seven of them and they made a serious mess of the place. So I reckon the girls I clocked on Friday were going over the place, checking out where the CCTV cameras were, and the stuff worth nicking. So if you were one of them, then I've told the police everything, and they've got Friday's video tape as well as Sunday's.

It freaked me out a bit, I tell you.

(I bet it was the gang off the Eastburgh Estate. Bet you anything.)